Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Shopping and Lagman

Yesterday after visiting the orphanage, Song and I met up with Mary and Zinat, and they came with us to Osh Bazaar to help us shop for souvenirs. I bought a traditional outfit for Shamrock to wear when he's older (since I already had the one that fits him now), and several other items, which I won't show in pictures, because most are gifts! But this is a picture of the felt which is used to make the beautiful and colorful shyrdak rugs.


After shopping, we went out for dinner at Faiza, one of our favorite restaurants from the last trip. I had to get the lagman of course, and I tried to memorize the taste so I can attempt to recreate it correctly. Thanks Mary and Zinat for joining us for some great shopping and great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment