Saturday, January 24, 2015

We Have a Court Date!

February 16, 2015

That's our court date! Hooray!!! It's later than we wanted and hoped for, but it's exactly seven weeks after our last official bonding visit date, and we were told it could be six to eight weeks after that. So I guess that was an accurate estimate. I'm waiting for confirmation of our travel dates, but I hope to stay at least a few days before and/or after the court date to visit "Shamrock."

Shamrock is the nickname my dad came up with for our little boy. Zack and I have been calling him that lately since we aren't letting anyone know his new first name yet. It sounds similar to his Kyrgyz name (but it's easier to say and spell!), it connects to my Notre Dame fandom, and we're "lucky" that this little boy will soon be ours!

Shamrock is an especially appropriate name now, because if all goes well, we'll get to take him out of the orphanage permanently on March 18, the day after St. Patrick's Day. Adoptive families often call this day "Gotcha Day" or "Family Day" and celebrate it every year, almost like a second birthday. I can foresee many S/shamrock-filled parties in the future!

Time to look up some flights...

2 comments:

  1. Febuary 16th is Grandma and Grandpa Schultz"s Anniversary date. You have to believe they have something to do with this day that was picked and that they will be with you on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome-thanks for letting me know! Now I'm happy that it's the date that was picked!

      Delete