Sunday, March 15, 2015

School's Out

We leave for the airport in just over an hour. I can hardly believe it. The last few days (and weeks) have been a whirlwind of preparations, packing, and celebrations. It was quite difficult to pack for a toddler when you've never done that before and aren't 100% sure of his size, the weather, and what circumstances will arise!

Friday was my last day at school. The fourth grade class threw me a "surprise" party complete with cake, presents, a "Happy Baby Shower" song, and a donation for Shamrock's orphanage. Several of the kiddos smashed their faces in their piece of cake! I'm not quite sure why...I guess that's what happens on the day before Spring Break with a bunch of nine and ten-year-olds! I sure am going to miss this sweet bunch, but I definitely plan on visiting them and introducing Shamrock once we're settled. The sixth grade language arts teacher I assisted a few days a week knit a beautiful blue blanket for Shamrock. It must have taken her many, many hours, and it's gorgeous. I can't wait to get this little boy home and snuggle with him! Off to shower before twenty hours on the planes...

1 comment: